26 July 2017

One Year MOODAVERSARY - 7



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiZqhu8n3OiShlOvQxHyRgTJ5qNETgOQv8vjwlGvjDKZm7dYrzILPP8Yo6viMZ-MzF_flKoQCvN-MLqwH2aLL4BQLuAuSZ6Kwr3di3TRYrkdM3eq-TDU929_sBiY6K6E_jy0RA33kXULd8/s1600/19970859_10214114866251143_15369874_n.jpg 

My inspiration today: The shells on the first photo in the third row. I was drawn to the intensity
                                    of the green and the rough looking feel of it. After I stamped my shells
                                    I had no idea what to do next. Looking at the inspiration I saw the shells has
                                    yellow bits. Yellow I found helpful.
                                    Back at the mood board I saw the 5th picture in the 1st row. Ice maybe, I do
                                    know, but that led me to my background. Inked green, smeared gesso over and 
                                    sprinkled desiccated coconut :) to mimic the fluffyness in the picture. 
                                    In the end it looks like the foam of a wave to me.   
                                    Fussy cut the stamped shells and brushed the edges with black and green 
                                    distress inks.
                                    The word is part of the shell stamp set, thought that goes with the sea.

                                     Almost forgot. The left side looked too empty and I thought; why not try  
                                     DeeDee Catron's dot-dots. It was not good on my card. I washed some off, 
                                     re-gesso-ed the green area, re-inked it. THEN it had this nice shades of green.
                                     Using the green watercolour pencil I made a few scribbles around the shells
                                     on the card and gesso
                                     Re stamped my word and that was it.
    

What I used: Card stock
                     Two greens of Distress ink,
                     Black ink
                     Gesso
                     Coconut
                     Cotton
                     Shell and word stamps
                     Black and green watercolor pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation, always want to hear what you have to say. Thank you for giving your time to Me.